9.15.2011

WOLF MAN

So I figured I better blog about my wonderful... ok not wonderful, painful experience. While carving my relief I stabbed my hand. Ouch, right? Big time. It wouldn't stop bleeding so we figured we needed to head to the ER. Of course it was busy (being Labor Day and all). The nurse took one look and said I was going to need stitches. A few hours later the doctor came in to stitch me up. As he was trying to numb my hand it was about as painful when this whole process started. If you ask my sister she would say I swore at the doctor. I did say a few choice words but, I didn't swear AT him. :) Anyway, I'm suppose to get my stitches out on Monday but, I think it is still going to be a while before I can use it all the way. Matt keeps telling me I need to milk it but, I'm ready to have my hand back.

Here are some nice blurry pictures to show what I was working on.

This is what the relief looks like as I was carving it out.
Also the lovely knife.

Sorry if that is a little graphic for some. But here are the five stitches.
















Here is the print. Not bad considering the circumstances
and getting some help.

2 comments:

  1. bummer! I hope it heals soon for you! You're print is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Labor Day was busy at the hospital..

    ReplyDelete