8.13.2011

a starving artist, huh?


Some of you may know that I am currently trying to get my bachelors degree in graphic design. Well, I haven't been doing a whole lot of designing this summer and decided I wanted to do something fun. Last week I decided I wanted to illustrate a picture of my little family (hence the illustration above). And, I actually had a lot of fun working on it. I'll probably have it featured on a shelf in my home.
Whenever people ask me what I'm going to school for I always seem to get responses like, "a starving artist huh" "I thought about that graphic design but, then decided that I wanted to actually make some money" "what is that" or "what can do you with that kind of degree". I could keep going but, I won't. On a side note, not everyone is negative about my career choice. I have great family and friends that support me.
Designing makes me happy and who doesn't want to be happy for the rest of their life, right? I'm glad to be graduating, but at the same time I'm crapping my pants. I have no idea what the future hold for me and if I will land that "awesome" job.

4 comments:

  1. um, that's fantastic.
    i'd pay you to draw something like that for me and joseph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new family picture!! So cute with dozer.... so happy you guys are coming out next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It is SO cute! And way to go! You should definitly be doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your illustration! So cute. Did you do this in illustrator?

    ReplyDelete